Woodlawn Associates has extensive experience in technology and telecom. Some of our experience includes:
- Helped a cloud computing company rationalize its service offerings. Created pricing for each service based on competitor analysis and detailed cost model.
- Developed a strategy for an American communications services company to provide better tools to large corporate clients for consumer mobile marketing and engagement. Research highlighted fundamental differences in the ways U.S. and Asian—especially Chinese—consumers use their mobile phones, resulting in unique strategies for those markets.
- Helped #2 cable operator in Europe determine the appropriate way to use applications on TVs.
- Led or assisted with 20 M&A transactions among cable and satellite operators. Supported CEO of cable TV operator in acquisition of large competitor and with follow-on acquisitions.
- Examined revenues and expenses for an IT reseller. Right-sized G&A expenses and analyzed the profitability of customers. Developed short-term and long-term strategy to increase EBITDA by almost 80%.
- Led a five-month project to prioritize $40 million in software investments for a mobile phone company.
- Developed a new channel strategy for large mobile phone company. Headed $500 million sales channel on seven-month interim assignment. Changed distributor responsibilities and incentive structure. Developed new retail sales team organization, implemented performance dashboard.
- Analyzed dynamics of mobile phone pricing in China for leading mobile phone OEM. Identified opportunities to improve gross margins by 23 percent.
- Developed plan to double web sales for hard disk manufacturer. Delivered two times the goal.
- Estimated the market potential for a new technology to combat radio interference in mobile communications networks. Evaluated six potential go-to-market options after a thorough examination of how other companies had brought similar products to market. Estimated the financial needs, likely returns, and risks from each approach. Client took our recommendation to pursue one of the options.
- Examined go-to-market alternatives for a company as part of a larger project to evaluate the marketing potential for a new radio technology.
- Orchestrated scenario planning for an IPTV infrastructure provider on the likely impact of internet TV. Helped refine product roadmap. Developed strategic plan.